3M High Flow filter systems gives you high flow performance in a compact design and is ideally suited for applications where convenience and ease of use are priorities.
These filter systems use 3M Innovation and 3M Purification Inc.’s extensive filtration experience to enable flow rates up to 500 GPM in a single cartridge. The Compound Radial Pleat design packs significantly higher usable surface areas per unit volume than can be achieved with conventional pleated cartridge filters.
3M High Flow Filter Systems’ housings include features such as an ergonomically designed handle and a unique “twist-to-lock” seating mechanism facilitate easy operation and maintenance of the filter system. The system is particularly suitable for many OEM applications.
Materials Of Construction:
Each grade of the 3M High Flow Filter Cartridge is manufactured from melt blown FDA compliant polypropylene microfiber media, providing high particle reduction efficiency with broad chemical compatibility. No adhesives, binders, surfactants, or lubricants are used in the manufacturing process.
|Maximum Operating Temperature||160°F (71°C)|
|Maximum Forward Differential Pressure||50 psid @ 68°F (3.4 bar @ 20°C)|
|Recommended Change-out Pressure||35 psid @ 68°F (2.4 bar @ 20°C)|
Features & Benefits of 3M High Flow Filter Systems Include:
- High flow capability of up to 500 gpm per cartridge: Reduced filter usage – minimizes product loss, labor, disposal costs, operator exposure, and downtime for filter change-out
- Patent Pending Compound Radial Pleat design: High loading capacity for long life and lower cost filtration
- Compact design: Smaller housing minimizes capital expense requirements, Reduces system footprint
- Absolute rating: Reproducible effluent quality throughout the filter’s life
- Easy to Use: No special tools or hardware required for filter change-out minimizes downtime, “Twist-to-lock” seating mechanism provides positive seal, Ergonomically designed handle – facilitates easy cartridge installation and removal
- FDA compliant: Suitable for wide range of food and beverage applications
- 33% to 50% smaller housing size provides better appearance and fit than competitively sized and flow rated housings
- Robust cartridge center-post design eliminates bulky support plates providing easy access to housing internals
- Convenient cover designs provide easy element change-outs
- Manufactured from carbon steel, 304 or 316L stainless steel offers effective corrosion protection
- ASME Code design meets high quality and performance standards
3M™ High Flow Series Filter Housings are designed specifically to deliver all of the filtration benefits in a compact footprint. Housings are available in standard designs, as well as customizable configurations to suit your specific needs. All standard 3M High Flow Series Filter Housings are designed, manufactured, tested, and code stamped in accordance with ASME Section VIII, Division 1.
3M High Flow Series Filter Housings are 33% to 50% smaller than competitively sized housings for a given flow rate. Fewer filters and user-friendly housing designs mean faster, easier change-outs than competitively sized systems. Our high flow series filter housings are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate up to 7 filter elements in both 40-inch and 60-inch lengths. Our horizontal design option maximizes ease of operation and our vertical design can minimize the system’s footprint.
3M housings are designed with features that make them easy to use and streamline processes. Spend less time servicing thanks to removable cartridge posts that lift out for easy cleaning, which helps maintain cleaner systems and longer product life. Shouldered seal plates fit solidly into the cartridge core for a positive cartridge seal to help prevent bypass, leaks and to maintain system pressure. Housing drains for both sludge and clean chambers feature drain couplings for easy draining. An air vent facilitates effective venting before start up or draining.