Plenty Activated Carbon Filters are of vertical fabricated construction generally mounted on skids.
Principle of operation:
Works by the process of ‘absorption’ where one material adheres to another by means of physical or chemical attraction.The carbon media is extremely porous with a big internal surface area.
The carbon bed removes mainly organic compounds.
- Performance depends on the compoundstructure, concentrationand temperature.
- Less soluble compounds are most effectively removed.
- Flow enters the vessel via a flow distributor.
- Generally fluid flows from top to bottom with compounds absorbedas they pass through the bed.
- The bottom collector laterals gather the cleaned fluid.