High Viscous Cannabis Oil Transfer
The Challenge: Lifting high viscosity oil at a high temperature and low flow rate.
A new cannabis processing facility in Southern BC needed a pumping solution to move highly viscous cannabis oil throughout their processing equipment. The pump needed to:
- Lift the oil with a low flow rate < 2 L/M
- Handle the high viscosity of the oil (8,000 cSt @ 110°C – 10,000 cSt @ 80°C)
- Manage the high temperature (110°C) requirement to keep the oil fluid enough for transfer
The Solution: Almatec Chemicor AODD Pumps
Our application experts—Alex Tarahomi and Stephen Sinclair—considered three different pump technologies that could all meet the application’s requirements: gear pumps, peristaltic pumps, and AODD pumps.
After discussion with our customer and with careful consideration of time and budget constraints, an ALMATEC AODD pump was selected. The advantages were:
- Less expensive as the FDA compliant gear pump
- Fewer replacement costs, e.g., they wouldn’t need to replace a hose due to high temperature wear like on a peristaltic pump
- Cost savings, thanks to the optimized flow pattern that decreases air consumption (and noise)
- Lubrication- and maintenance-free air control system
- Reduced maintenance time and costs since there are no drives, rotating parts, or shaft seals in the pump
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Safe for Area classification: C1D2
The Result: Reliable operation with easy, affordable maintenance.
- Easy maintenance, minimizing downtime and maintenance costs
- Fewer components to repair or replace, contributing to savings in servicing costs every month
AODD Pump Technology Used
We solved the customer’s problems using an Almatec AD20STT-E-T AODD Pump
Stainless Steel Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm Pumps The Almatec® CHEMICOR Series Stainless-Steel Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm...