Full Coverage UST Cleaning in Less than Half an Hour — Leaving a Cleaned Tank and Polished Fuel
Alpha Laval MegaJet Systems are built to handle the cleaning of today’s fuels. Today’s fuels are less stable and breakdown over time, allowing contaminants to thrive in storage tanks. Without proper cleaning, tanks are susceptible to sludge buildup, loss of capacity and contamination. In addition, tanks must be cleaned prior to inspection, maintenance, decommissioning, transportation as well as any product changeover.
The MegaJet System utilizes a GJ 10 which can fit through a standard 4 in. (100 mm) opening. In using Alfa Laval’s rotary impingement tank cleaning, the MegaJet will clean tanks thoroughly up to 30,000 gallons (130,000 l) in capacity, from one drop. Snaking or manual entry often fails to clean the top-half of the tank.
The system is designed to utilize the diesel or other class II fuels as the cleaning agent, therefore requiring no water. Equipped with a series of filters, the system will capture all bulk sludge as well as the finer particulates, therefore leaving both a clean tank and polished fuel. This system is not to be used with water or gasoline.
- Fast: Clean any UST in Under 30 Minutes
- Clean the Entire UST, including the Top Half
- No Waste: Uses the Fuel to Clean the Tank
- Polishes the Fuel while Cleaning
- GJ 10 on a 6 ft. (1.8 m) lance
- Pump cart with pressure boosting pump for supply and discharge
- Filtration cart for polishing
- Discharge container for sludge (recommended but not Included)
- 2 cart connection hoses – 10 ft. long
- Pressure: 60 – 70 psi (4 – 5 bar)
- Flow Rate: 40 to 50 gpm (150 to 190 lpm)
- Temperature: 32° to 250°F (0° to 121°C)
- Cleaning Radius: 35 ft. (10 m)
- Wash Cycle Time: 7-9 min.
- Impact: up to 25 lbs (11.5 kg)
- 4.3 HP Gas-driven motor
- Self priming gear pump
- Basket Strainer (Reusable)
- RCI Purifier (Reusable)
- Micron Cartridge Filter (Disposable)
- Cart 1: 61” x 32” x 42” H (1.50 x 0.80 x 1.00 H m)
- Cart 2: 81” x 45” x 70” H (2.00 x 1.10 x 1.75 H m)
- Weight: Approx. 1000 lbs (450 kg)
How It Works:
Class II fuel and sludge are suctioned from the tank through a hose or lance (not supplied with system) by the pressure boosting pump, and passed through a series of filters to remove the sludge and particulates, producing a polished fuel which then continues through the pump and the GJ 10 on to the tank walls, blasting residue from the surface in a precise global-indexing pattern, creating a closed loop cleaning circuit with a cycle time of 7-9 minutes.