3M Zeta Plus MH Series Filter Cartridges utilize a charge-modified depth filter media. In addition to the mechanical exclusion of particles via depth loading, the filter media adsorbs contaminants too small for mechanical straining alone, and is used in food, beverage and brewing applications.
- Filter cartridges for clarification and prefiltration in food and beverage, and cosmetic applications
- Depth filtration and electrokinetic adsorption provide efficient haze and particle reduction
- Dual Zone depth filter enhances the contaminant holding capacity of the filter
- All Components are FDA 21CFR listed for food contact
Zeta Plus MH Series Cartridges are manufactured in 8-, 12-, and 16-inch diameter sizes, providing filtration surface areas from 2.8 ft² to 42.2 ft² per cartridge. With a combination of depth filtration and electrokinetic adsorption, our cartridge provides efficient haze and particle reduction. Larger particulate and hazes are mechanically entrapped in the depth of the filter, while negatively charged particles, such as bacteria, yeast, and submicronic hazes are adsorbed to the positively charged 3M Zeta Plus MH Series Cartridges.
3M Zeta Plus MH series filter design consists of two distinct layers, or “zones” of filter media with the upstream zone more open than the downstream zone. This structure enhances the contaminant holding capacity of the filter, since larger particles are trapped in the upstream zone of the filter and smaller particles are trapped in the downstream zone.
3M Zeta Plus MH series filter cartridge is used for clarification and prefiltration in food and beverage, cosmetic applications. These include aqueous, alcoholic, proteinaceous, and acidic solutions. Applications include:
- Wine Spirits
- Edible Oils
- Flavor Concentrates
- Hugh Fructose Corn Syrup
- Beer Clarification
- Beer Microfiltration
- Clarification of Concentrates
- Ingredients and Beverages
- Haze Reduction for Distilled Spirits
- Keg Filtration
- Microbial Reduction Filtration
- Particle Reduction in Distilled Spirits Filtration
- Wine Clarification