Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
John Brooks Company is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities promptly. We will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
John Brooks Company is committed to training staff and volunteers on Ontario’s accessibility laws and accessibility aspects of the Ontario Human Rights Code that apply to persons with disabilities. In addition, Integrated Accessibility standards regulations are provided to applicable staff members. All training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers, and the Advisory Board.
Information and Communications
- John Brooks Company is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. When asked, we will provide information and communications materials in accessible formats or with communication supports. This includes publicly available information about our goods, services and facilities, as well as publicly available emergency and safety information.
- John Brooks Company will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs at no extra cost.
- For request or feedback, please contact us by phone at 905-567-9222 x300. John Brooks Company will respond within 48 working hours.
- We will ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
- John Brooks Company is working towards making our company website and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA.
- John Brooks Company is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- We will notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate disabilities during recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired to include supports and accessible formats and communication supports.
- If needed, we will create and review annually an individual accommodation plan and/or workplace emergency information for any employees who have a disability. The information will be reviewed when the employee moves to a different location.
- Our performance management, career development, redeployment, and return-to-work processes will consider the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Design of Public Spaces
John Brooks Company will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces including:
- Waiting areas
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
- Outdoor public eating areas like rest stops or picnic areas
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
Individual Accommodation Plans
John Brooks Company is dedicated to helping any employee with a disability and, upon request, will provide an individual accommodation plan that is suited for the employee and company’s needs. An employee is encouraged to contact our People & Culture team.
Feedback on Accessibility
When it comes to meeting accessibility standards for our products and services, we’re always looking to improve. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns. Whether we’re doing something you like, or if there’s something you think we can do better, we’d love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact us by phone at 905-567- 9222 x300.
John Brooks Company will provide our emergency procedures, plans and/or safety information available upon request by contacting us by calling 905-567- 9222 x300.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any of our policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.