Waste Pit Pumping Package with Gorman-Rupp Super T and Eradicator System
The Customer was expanding their facility and needed a new installation. The pumps needed to be “high & dry” (self-priming) for easy maintenance and allow for easy clean-out in case of any blockages. They needed to be able to handle occasional feathers and solids.
Our Application Expert – Chris Chapman – worked with the consultants drawings and made pump selections accordingly. The request was for a duplex Gorman-Rupp package so Chris chose Gorman-Rupp Super T-Series Pumps with the Eradicator option installed. Pump maintenance and inspections can be achieved without the need to pull the pumps out of the wet well. Cost Savings is always a factor with our experts and with this application standard “off-the-shelf” motors can be used that are readily available – where most submersibles use proprietary motors that can be expensive and can have long lead times.
- Reduced Service & Maintenance Costs
- Cost Savings
How it Works
- Super T-Series’ large volute design allows automatic re-priming in a completely open system without the need for suction or discharge check valves.
- Available in discharge sizes of three, four, six, eight and ten inches, Super
- T-Series pumps boasts capacities to 3400 gallons per minute (214.5 liters per second) and heads to 148 feet (45 meters).
- The Eradicator system features an aggressive self-cleaning wear-plate incorporating a number of notches and grooves, as well as a patent-pending lacerating tooth, that helps break up stringy materials and pass them through the pump without impacting performance or interrupting service. A special back cover includes a patented lightweight inspection cover that can easily be removed if it is necessary to inspect the impeller. The innovative design greatly reduces troublesome clogging and expensive downtime.
For more information on this solution or if you have a fluid handling challenge of your own – Contact a John Brooks Company Application Expert today!
Gorman-Rupp Super T Self-Priming Pumps (SOLIDS & CORROSIVE LIQUIDS PUMPS) are designed...