EATON AFC Series tubular backwashing filters for applications that demand a high-pressure operation – up to 1,000 psi (69 bar) – and scalable flexibility. Available in single, duo and multiplex configurations.
EATON AFC Series Features & Benefits
Increased capacity and space saving:
- Solids removal from 1 to 1,700 microns
- Flow rates up to 3,000 gpm (681 m3/hr)
- Broad selection of filter media materials and retentions suitable for a wide range of applications
- Numerous automated backwash options for operator-free service and minimal backwash effluent (<2% of system volume)
- Smooth pipe and nozzle connection transitions to avoid dead spots in the fluid stream and minimize pressure drop
- Available ACCUFLUX™ media dramatically increases filter surface area in the same footprint
- Proprietary 3-way, full-ported valves on AFC-1100 multiplex filters allow fast, frequent sequencing and maximum cleaning force during backwashing
- Isolated top-to-bottom backwash flow on AFC-1100 and AFC-3300 multiplex filters ensures complete and efficient media cleaning while continuing to deliver filtered product downstream
- Quick coupler valve connectors for ease of body tube removal
- Straight-Thru and Standard configurations
- Single, duo and multiplex (up to 20 station) models
- Pressure gauge and drain valve options
- Internal or external backwashing
- Drain header trap
- Media-cleaning diffusers for more effective cleaning at low operating pressures or volumes
- 304 stainless steel frame material
Designed for batch or intermittent service, AFC-Series filters are ideal for a wide range of applications. Quick coupling connectors afford easy media access for inspection, cleaning, or replacement. Choice of straight-thru and standard configurations, both are available with pressure gauge and drain valve options.
Two single filter units are connected to a pair of 3-way valves for continuous service during cleaning or maintenance. If a pressure rating above 350 psi is required, 2-way ball valves rated at 1,000 psi are incorporated. For intermittent service applications, the valves can be positioned so that both units operate simultaneously.
Multiplex units consist of two or more single filter units valved in parallel to common headers. This configuration enables sequential backwashing of individual elements while the system remains in operation.
Applications of Eaton AFC Series Tubular Backwashing Pressure Filter:
- CIP Fluids
- Chiller Water
- City Water Lines
- Fresh Water
- Hot Condensate
- Papermaking Wet End Starch
- Pelletizer Water
- Single and Duo Tubular Filters for a wide range of applications up to 1000 psi and high viscosity applications
- Whitewater | Shower Water