Are you looking for a diverse, challenging, and personally rewarding career?
John Brooks Company Limited is a well-respected leading supplier of Fluid Handling Solutions to the Canadian Manufacturing and Processing Industry with branches across Canada. We have been in business over for 80 years and are committed to providing our customers with a diverse selection of engineered products and innovative system designs. For more information, check out our website: www.johnbrooks.ca
We are currently searching for a Technical Inside Sales Representative for our Filtration Division located at our head office in Mississauga, ON.
Our Filtration Division Portfolio Includes:
– Liquid, Air, and Gas Filtration and Purification and Dryer equipment for Municipal and Industrial Applications
– Heat Exchangers
– Automatic self-cleaning Filters and Centrifugal Separators
– Cartridge Filters and Bag Filters for General Industrial, Food and Beverage and Pharmaceutical Applications
– ASME code Fabricated vessels for Multimedia filters, Carbon filters, Ion Exchange and bags/cartridge filters
– Standard and Customized Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems that include – but not limited to – Membrane Treatment Systems (UF, MF, NF & Reverse Osmosis), Chemical and UV Treatment, Sand and Multimedia Filtration
– Plug and Play Filtration Systems
Our Filtration Equipment is Designed and Installed in:
– Mining, Oil & Gas, Mining, Pulp & paper, and General Industrial Applications
– Municipal and Industrial Water and Waste Water Treatment Applications
– Breweries, Wineries, Water Bottling, Soft Drinks, Distilleries and other Food and Beverage Industries
– Bio-Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Personal care,
– Enthusiastic Work Environment
– Market Competitive Remuneration Plan with Incentive
– Health and Insurance Benefits after Three Months
– Company RRSP after Three Months
– Referral Program
– Opportunity for Advancement
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide Customer Service:
– Efficient and accurate entry of customer orders
– Effectively managing time to ensure best possible response times to customer inquiries
– Working with the purchasing department to expedite customer orders when required
– Keeping customers informed of order/inquiry status
– Displaying a positive attitude
– Follow manager’s instructions and guidelines and ask for assistance to make sure customer is served well without delay.
Product Selection and Quotation Preparation:
– Gathering appropriate process information from the client
– Developing a detailed knowledge of all relevant products and applications
– Pricing within company guidelines
Assisting Outside Sales Team:
– Demonstrating awareness of company, branch, and territory targets and strategies
– Identifying and relaying customer opportunities, issues and concerns
– Building customer relationships
– Executing quotation follow – up as well as maintaining and updating the sales quotation log in our Customer Relationship Management software
Working with Suppliers:
– Work with suppliers’ reps for product selection and to expedite the orders.
– Building relationships with the suppliers to get response in timely manner
Large Bid Submission and Project Execution:
– Work with other departments, engineering and your manager for larger EPC bids
– Learn to work with EPC, electronic data submission
– Execute the project well in timely fashion.
Develop Knowledge about Competitive Products and Learn to Cross Reference:
– It is very important in our industry to not only know your own product but also to have a thorough knowledge of competitive offerings and alternate selections.
Complete Sales Orders following Company Policy and Procedure
– Updates the CRM database with accurate information on a daily basis
– Responsible for being familiar with product availability, use, application, benefits and pricing structures. Understands, keeps abreast of, the competitive marketplace including but not limited to competitor’s products and pricing.
– Keeps current with industry knowledge.
– Sets professional development goals and work towards their fulfillment. Attends all required training.
– Prepares accurate and timely sales information and reports for the Sales Manager, as required.
– Ensures adherence to all Sales and Company policies and procedures
– Fast-paced environment in a dynamic competitive industry.
– Daily customers, sales reps and other department telephone calls, faxes and emails.
– Exposure to deadlines, multiple demands and priorities, multi-tasking, and interruptions.
Education: Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience of 3 plus years
Experience: A minimum of 1 plus years of related experience in industrial sales Desirable: 8 plus years of related experience in industrial field application, sales and industrial processes
Knowledge: Working knowledge of fluid handling equipment and technical/mechanical processes; solid computer skills; Office programs
– A demonstrated alignment with John Brooks values; customers first, ownership/accountability, respect, performance excellence, integrity and innovation
– Must exude an enthusiastic, passionate and an optimistic attitude and demonstrate confidence
– Proficient sales skills and a keen desire to develop those skills
– A positive mindset with a strong technical aptitude and a general understanding of industrial processes
– Must be driven and determined to win the orders
– Must be a collaborative, supportive team player with an unrelenting desire to join a loyal and dedicated John Brooks team
– Must demonstrate interpersonal savvy in order to build and maintain relationships
– Strong written and verbal communication skills and emotionally intelligent! Ability to be resilient and not easily discouraged and maintain composure when the pressure is on
– Be able to “think on your feet” and assist customers in solving problems and demonstrate creativity
– Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
– Must take ownership of own actions and demonstrate initiative
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.