Covid-19 Corporate Update
Effective Tuesday, March 24th 2020, the Ontario and Quebec governments have ordered closure of all non-essential businesses in the respective provinces, and are urging citizens to “stay-at-home” to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Both John Brooks Company Limited and Dynablast qualify as an Essential Business under the guidelines provided by these provinces, and, as such, will remain in operation.
We have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees, and we will continue to monitor the updates and take additional guidance from Public Health officials and the Government. In these turbulent times, it is important for us to act dependably and carefully for the benefit of our employees, business partners and customers.
Our Technical Representatives, customer support team, inside sales team and application engineering team are available to support your needs. Most are working from home, but they can be reached via email and phone.
From shipping to manufacturing, we have the appropriate essential resources on-site at our facilities for assembly and shipment of product and parts.
We are well positioned, with our highly committed team, to do everything we can to continue to offer, and provide you, with the products, support and services you require.
Thank you for your support and stay safe.
JOHN BROOKS COMPANY’S Response
to the COVID-19 Virus
The Coronavirus COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, and we continue to closely monitor the situation. Beyond public health considerations, we are concerned about the well being of our employees, our customers, our business partners, and our communities.
As such, John Brooks Company and Dynablast are taking all steps necessary to protect the health and safety our staff, customers, suppliers and partners. We have put into action our contingency plan to ensure the continuity of service to our customers.
To support the efforts to minimize social contact and the spread of the virus we are:
Modifying our processes and equipping a significant portion of our staff to work remotely and asking all staff to follow Public Health guidelines with respect to hygiene, travel and social interactions . All departments within our company, including our switchboard, customer service, warehouses, repair centres and production & assembly facilities will remain open during regular business hours. Essential services within our facilities will remained staffed where appropriate.
Implementing social distancing for those employees still working at our facilities. Those employees will be asked to spread-out and keep a 6 foot distance from each other within our offices and warehouses.
Increasing the frequency and extent of our facility cleaning regiment and ensuring that the cleaning follows appropriate disinfection recommendations for COVID-19.
- Asking any employee who feels ill or exhibits any symptoms, to follow Public Health recommendations in terms of health care and testing and to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- Limiting all domestic business related travel to essential travel only and travel in support of our customers where we are able to a) safely visit and b) visit in compliance with their COVID-19 protocols. We are suspending all international travel and requesting those employees who have returned from recent international travel to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Cancelling all non-essential meetings and encouraging customers and suppliers to meet with us online. We will set up virtual meetings as required.
- Maintaining a proactive technical sales presence with our customers through continued professional sales meetings & consultations using formats and forums that help limit and mitigate direct social contact. Our sales teams are able to meet via virtual conferencing methods or simply over the phone, to help our customers with their fluid handling and pressure wash needs, questions and requirements.
- Providing ongoing technical and commercial support via phone and online, virtual conferencing methods.
- Continuing to providing onsite service & support to our customers as needed while adhering to their, and government mandated, COVID-19 protocols.
Through all our collective efforts, we will get through these challenging times. Until then, know that our team remains available and that they are here to support you as needed.
We will continue to monitor the guidance from Public Health Authorities as it relates to COVID-19. For updated information on our company’s operations, please bookmark this page.
COVID-19 Hunger Relief Campaign
COVID 19 has left a disproportionate impact on our communities and has put many of Canada’s food charities under severe pressure, as they continue to help the most vulnerable. Our support within local communities is required more than ever. The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team at John Brooks Company launched an employee giving campaign to support selected food charities during these unprecedented times.
Employees Boost the Campaign
John Brooks employees from all branches have come together to contribute much needed funds. To support the employees’ passion for giving, John Brooks Company matched the amount raised.
A total of $20,800 was donated to 4 food charities helping the homeless, elderly and families from disadvantaged backgrounds.